Monday 29 January 2018

Still Distracted

I arrived home from Tasmania today and went (more or less) straight to work!  I suspect that you will not be surprised that I found being in Tasmania better than being at my desk!

These are a few pictures taken from where we stayed in the second half of out trip - the house is near a settlement called Moina, which is not very far from Cradle Mountain National Park.  It was a wonderful, peaceful location with no connection to the outside world except for electricity.

I have sorted out these pictures, and will be back in full swing very soon!





The house is a little more modern than it looks, because it has been built largely with recycled materials that were present on the site.    It was a fabulous place!

More pictures from around the world at Our World Tuesday.  SM

17 comments:

  1. I just love being away in the bush with little or no civilisation around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Stewart!:) This looks like the ideal getaway, look forward to seeing more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks and sounds like a neat house. Love the location. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    ...I might forget to leave once I got to such a place! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah, I love those moments when I could be the only person on the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like someplace I'd love to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wasn't sure I was looking at the right picture until you said what the place was built with. I imagine the surrounding landscape made it quite spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds wonderful. Hope you relaxed and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like an intriguing place and neat photos ~ Did you see the Tasmania devil? LOL

    Happy Week to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the nature in this place :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful to be in such a remote spot! The scenery looks very much like our High Desert here in Central Oregon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I especially like the second photo, Stewart.
    And the fourth!
    Kay
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a great spot to unwind and relax!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous vacation -- to really and truly get AWAY!

    ReplyDelete