Monday 22 February 2016

The first hint of autumn?

It seems that the mornings are darker when I get up than they were a few week ago, there are Little Corellas eating the fruit and seed pods in the street trees and there could be just a hint of colour in the leaves.  Summer may not have had its last dice throw quite yet, but autumn is on its way.

I found these Little Corellas feeding in the street trees in my local streets this weekend - and much to my surprise they were still there when I got back with the camera.






You can can find more shots from around the world at Our World Tuesday.

18 comments:

  1. Looks like they are keeping an eye on you, too!
    Have a wonderful week!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool creatures. Nice shots. I'll bet they're a little loud though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if autumn is coming there then Spring can't be far away here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Stewart, they are pretty birds. Great shots. I guess that means spring is on it's way here. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, that sounds like the coming of spring for us :-) Great shot. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous bird shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos! What a nice looking bird.

    ReplyDelete
  8. they have a lot of character. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember when you said it was Summer..Winter here..Now your Autumn is our Spring..I love Autumn ..Would prefer that to Spring only because I'm not a fan of Summer..You have some great shots there...How far away from him/her were you??

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can never get over that these are 'backyard birds' ... Just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful looking bird. Great photos Stewart, you can see their personality in them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous birds! Our days are finally getting longer and I's so ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did a double take when I read the title to your blog. Then I remembered one of us is backwards. I had to but up a bunch of pictures of spring flowers and basking alligators which makes me think spring is trying to sneak in early. Enjoyed those birds.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful bird! Wonderful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Corellas are incredibly cheeky birds! Many consider them destructive but I love them!

    ReplyDelete