Sunday 12 April 2015

Cracked

I was down at Point Lonsdale last week - a small coastal town on the western edge of Port Phillip Bay.

There are a series of semi-saline Lakes near the town called Lake Victoria.  I went there looking for lingering waders (or which there were a few) - but I also found these patterns in the dried mud of some of the lakes.

I really liked the contrast between the sandy mud and the glasswort / samphire plant.



You can find more macro shots at Macro Monday2 and I Heart Macro.  SM

17 comments:

  1. Most be very special walking on those dried fields!what kind of birds live there?
    I am thinking of might a earthquake there..wow!

    Neat shoot Stewart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great macros! Are you in a drought, it does look dry there.. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the contrast of the green against the brown. Lovely capture Stewart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work, Stewart! Makes for some interesting close-ups!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the patterns. It looks too dry for anything to grow there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Natures Art !! Nice shots..Looks parched..
    I don't know what to do with Macro and sometimes I can't find it on my camera..I guess I just need more practice and a little patience..Someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great, different captures!! It does look dry and hot, but that tiny plant softens the whole scene!! I love it!! Hope you have a great new week, Stewart!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the contrast between the parched, cracked earth and the green plant determined to survive in a less that hospitable environment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool patterns of cracks in the dried earth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these Stewart!
    The second image reminds me of a post I wrote a few years ago entitles "Strength Through Adversity"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both photos are interesting, but the second more so than the first.
    Lea

    ReplyDelete