Monday 18 July 2011

My World Tuesday - Magnetic Island.

I spend last week on Magnetic Island – which is an island (!) 8km offshore from Townville in Queensland. As the smallest of my small people said: “Its just like a twopical island” – which is not that surprising, because it’s a tropical island!

All these pictures were taken on the first evening, having flown up from Victoria where the temperature was in the single figures and the weather was an Antarctic export.

As you can see it’s a rather splendid place. I get the feeling I’ll be going back, and I also get the feeling that this trip will figure large on my blogs for a week or more.


All these pictures are taken at Horseshoe Bay, which is where we stayed.




You can find lots of other good things to see here or by clicking on the My World Tuesday button on the RHS of the screen.



You can also see my most recent post on my other blog by clicking the Paying Ready Attention button on the RHS of the screen.

5 comments:

  1. beautiful sands and blue water. 'twopical' love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, peaceful place! I'd love spending some time there! Great captures for the day, Stewart, as always! Hope your week goes well!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Magnetic Island and your photos certainly do it justice. Lucky you to get some warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a wonderful spot, great photos!

    ReplyDelete